Whether you are just "going along for the ride" or are "in it to win it," the Carolina Shop Hop is so much fun! Thousands of dollars worth of prizes are given each year, including sewing machines and giant quilting gift baskets! Here are some helpful hints and rules to make the most out of your Hop.
1) For your convenience, we have provided a map that shows where the shops are located in general. For specific directions to individual shops, please use an internet map such as the Google map provided. Visit as many shops as you can during the hop to be eligible for the most prizes! Even if you can only make it to a couple, you'll still be entered to win smaller prizes at those shops. The more shops you visit, the greater your chances are to win the big prizes. You must visit at least four shops to be entered into the drawing to win a basket, and you must visit all shops to be entered into the Grand Prize drawings.
2) Travel in groups of four or more hoppers, and you'll be a "Four-Pack." Each member of a four-pack will get a special prize at each shop. Please wear something that identifies each person as part of your "Four-Pack." Last year, some of our hoppers got really creative with quilted badges, bags and more! Please note that in order to be a "Four-Pack," you must be traveling together.
3) Pick up your passport at the first shop you visit, or print out the "Printable Passport" and bring it with you. Have each shop stamp your passport. Shop Hoppers must visit the shops themselves to get a stamp; we cannot stamp a friend's passport who is not present. One passport per person. Similarly, while we appreciate the creativity and humor that our past hoppers have shown, only live human beings will be eligible for "Four Pack" prizes and for passports.
4) Children aged 6 to 16 will be entered into their own prize drawings (they will not be eligible for grand prizes, etc.) Children under the age of 6 are not eligible for passports or "Four-Pack" prizes.
5) Each shop will have a different but coordinating quilt block pattern and kit for sale. The cost is $6 plus local tax per kit. You may choose to collect quilt blocks and make a beautiful sampler quilt to commemorate your Carolina Shop Hop! Block kits may be shipped at a cost of $6 plus local tax plus $2 shipping. Add $1 for each additional block from the same shop. Contact shops directly to have blocks mailed.
6) Don't forget to register at each shop for that shop's prizes, which will be different from the Carolina Shop Hop prizes. You may wish to bring address labels to make it easier to register.
7) Our Shop Hop covers two weekends, and we have extended shop hours during weekdays for your convenience. Some shops stay open later and some open earlier than the posted hop hours. Please respect our early morning opening hours especially, as shop staff have daily duties that we must perform before the doors open in order to make your experience a great one!
8) Drawings will be held on August 4. Winners will be notified by August 5. Prizes must be picked up at the shop where the prize was placed during Shop Hop. Sorry, we are unable to ship prizes. Gift certificate prizes, if any, must be used by December 31, 2015. Other prizes must be picked up (at the shop who called to notify the winner) by August 31, 2015.
9) Don't forget to leave your completed passport at the last shop you visit!
10) Have fun!